DRACO compact | 477 Series | DVI Extenders
Cat-X / fiber extenders for DVI-D, VGA, USB-HID, USB 2.0, Audio, RS-232
The series 477 family is a series of Cat-X and fiber optic products from IHSE USA compatible with both the draco tera enterprise and draco tera compact series of KVM matrix switch products. They can be used for simple point-to-point applications or in combination with any of the enterprise or compact matrix switches to support a more flexible distribution system for KVM or Video distribution. This makes them perfect for installations that require long distance digital video transmission and reliable presentation of high resolution graphics, including training, simulation, visualization and command and control environments in medical, educational, government, aerospace, oil & petroleum and post production.
The units can extend DVI video signals with perfect quality up to 10km over fiber or up to 140m over cat-X cables. Images are displayed without delay, brilliantly clear and in perfect resolution quality. Additionally, the series 477 can accept USB 1.0/2.0, analog or digital audio and RS-232 data. Audio options include AES/EBU and S/PDIF up to 48kHz.
The series 477 combine multiple video encoding technologies devised by IHSE to deliver the very best picture while a pixel mapping ratio of 1:1 to ensures authentic display of the source video. With IHSE’s intelligent video encoding, the series 477 extenders ensure outstanding visual display, a critical feature for businesses demanding high quality full motion video. When there is a need to deliver full screen motion video, the series 477 has the capability to process full screen moving video in real time without artifacts and near zero latency.
Optional features such as rack mounting kits, VGA conversion and dual-head DVI ports make the series 477 an excellent extender solution for cost sensitive environments.
Key Features and Benefits
* Support for DVI-D, DVI-I, USB, Audio, and RS-232
* Optional dual-head for multi-monitor workstations
* Virtually lossless image quality with IHSE’s compression technology
* Transmit DVI plus USB, audio and control up to 400 feet (140 meters) over a single cat-X cable.
* Transmit DVI plus USB, audio and control up to 32,800 feet (10 kilometers) over a single fiber optic cable
* Computer video up to 1920x1200 or 2K video displays
* Pick the right USB port requirements from either USB-HID, USB 2.0 High Speed – get maximum USB functionality with USB 2.0 up to 480 Mbit, or for secure locations just select USB-HID for keyboard mouse only.
* RS-232 for control signals up to 115.2 kBaud
* Compatible with CAT5e, CAT6 and CAT7 twisted pair cable using RJ-45 connections
* Optional fiber using LC connections
* PCM audio can be transmitted with sample rates up to 48kHz
* Supports EDID and DDC data for sink/source acknowledgement
* Simple keyboard commands (hotkeys) for transmission of remotely connected monitor’s DDC information.
* LED indicators for signal presence and power
* Energy efficient power supply
Get the best in space, power and cost savings
* Redundant power option available
* Compact size for areas where rack space is limited
* easily locate CPU’s in protected areas to isolate valuable equipment against dust, water and vibration
* Avoid theft and unauthorized access by locating CPU’s in locked server rooms
* Reduce workspace clutter by linking multiple displays to a single keyboard and mouse system
* Reduce energy consumption by locating CPU’s in a centralized location
* Reduce noise pollution by moving CPU’s away from the users workspace