Overview Download the Data Sheet
DXi – The Future of KVM Extension With Flat panel displays becoming more prevalent, it is natural to drive them digitally through their DVI interface to obtain optimum image quality. DDXi supports DVI/VGA extension up to resolutions of 1920x1200 to ensure the benefits of using DVI. VGA, DVI and more DDXi supports traditional analog VGA as well as digital DVI. All combinations of DVI and VGA (graphics cards and monitors) are supported, allowing equipment to be mixed. You could use DDXi today to extend (with perfect image quality) your existing SVGA equipment. If you later purchase a DVI monitor you can use it with DDXi even though your computer is equipped with a VGA graphic card. When you finally upgrade to a DVI graphics card, DDXi will continue to extend your system without any reconfiguration.
- max. resolution: 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz for DVI (Option for Fibre Devices) and 1600x1200@60Hz for VGA. All lower resolutions operate up to 75 Hz vertical refresh
- colour depth 15 Bit/21 Bit for Cat5 devices or 18 Bit/24Bit for fibre devices - OSD selectable
-200m w/ 62,5µ Multimode-Fibre
-400m w/ 50µ Multimode-Fibre
-10.000m w/ 9µ Singlemode-Fibre
- VGA, RGB, DVI for the Monitor
- PS2 (Keyboard/Mouse)
- optional USB (USB 1.1)
- optional additional interfaces like serial, audio, ...
- second console at local unit (local access) - USB devices with local video access only
- desktop devices
- optional 19"-rack mount kit for up to 3 devices in 1U
- optional 19"-housings for up to 3 devices in 1U or up to 6 devices in 2U
- onboard Software upgradable
- optional transmission with 2,5GBit Singlemode Transceiver to enhance the framerates
- optional transmission with Singlemode Singlefibre Transceiver : only a single strand of Singlemode Fibre required
DDXi has a modular architecture providing superb flexibility. Not only are all standard peripheral connections supported (PS2, USB), but also the different cabling interfaces (depending on model) for bridging the required distance: Use Cat5 network cable, Multi-mode or Singlemode fibre cables. Other interfaces may also be added such as Serial Port for Touch-Screen, Stereo Audio, Base-Band Video Transmission, USB, 10BaseT Network Management, Parallel Port or other custom interfaces.
Its well-designed desktop housing makes it an attractive accessory on each desktop. Using mounting brackets, it may also be mounted under the desktop plate - you save additional space on your desktop. For rackmounting this device in 19” cabinets, which are often used in Networking or Server applications, you may mount the DDXi/LC, using rackmount kits into a single 1U space. You can mount one or two devices with this rackmount kit. This saves valuable rack space.
- Supporting traditional analog VGA as well as coming digital DVI
- Allowing equipment to be mixed. You could use an VGA screen attached to a DVI graphic card or vice versa
- Protection of Investment: You could use DDXi today with your existing SVGA equipment. If you later purchase a DVI monitor you can use it with DDXi even though your computer is equipped with a VGA graphic card. When you finally upgrade to a DVI graphic card, DDXi will continue to extend your system without any reconfiguration.
- All revisions for to remotely locate a workspace (PS2-Keyboard, PS2-Mouse and Screen) DVI can be attached directly, VGA through optional Adaptors.
- All versions have local access to add a second console directly at the CPU - USB devices have only local Video Access
- Compatible with all operating systems
- Compatible with all major KVM Switches
- Mounting Brackets for to mount by screws or for snap on available.
- Using Rack-Mount-Kits, the devices might be mounted in server racks. Up to 3 devices may be integrated in 1U racksapce.
- 19-housing in 1U or 2U available to carry up to 3/6 devices. This saves valuable rackspace.
- Using free expansion ports in the 19" devices, you can add other interfaces such as Serial Port for Touch-Screen, Stereo Audio, Base-Band Video Transmission, USB, 10BaseT Network Management, Parallel Port or other custom interfaces.
- included in delivery: local unit, remote unit, CPU-cable, DVI/VGA adaptors, p.s.u. for local and remote unit
| || |
|product notation||part no.|
|DDXi PS2-Cat5 w/ local access 1920x1200 - VGA-analogue or DVI-digital||K439-1W|
| DDXi Video only-Cat5 w/ local access 1920x1200 - VGA-analogue or DVI-digital ||K439-0W|
|DDXi PS2-Multimode w/ local access 1920x1200 - VGA-analogue or DVI-digital||K437-1W|
| DDXi USB-Multimode w/ local video access 1920x1200 - VGA-analogue or DVI-digital ||K442-2U|
| DDXi Video only-Multimode w/ local access 1920x1200 - VGA-analogue or DVI-digital ||K437-0W|
|DDXi PS2-Singlemode w/ local access 1920x1200 - VGA-analogue or DVI-digital||K438-1W|
| DDXi USB-Singlemode w/ local video access 1920x1200 - VGA-analogue or DVI-digital ||K443-2U|
| DDXi Video only-Singlemode w/ local access 1920x1200 - VGA-analogue or DVI-digital ||K438-0W|
| connecting cable / optional accessories |
| Audio/serial upgrade ||421-AU|
| 2,5GBit Upgrade Kit for Multimode Devices - Attention - LC-connectors!! ||437-25|
|Singlefibre unidirectional Upgrade Kit (fibre devices only!)||437-SF|
|2,5GBit Upgrade Kit for Singlemode Devices - Attention - LC-connectors!!||438-25|
| Singlefibre bidirectional Upgrade Kit for Singlemode Devices - Attention - LC-connectors!! ||438-SF|
| WUXGA Upgrade up to 1920x1200 (fibre devices only!) ||437-WU|
| Cat5, S-UTP-Simplex, (4x2xAWG24) ||402-0J|
|plug assembly incl. 2x Cat5-plugs||402-0A|
| Multimode Break-Out-Cable w/ 2 Fibres 2G50/125µ ||433-2M|
|plug assembly Multimode incl. 2x SC-plugs||252-2C|
| Singlemode Break-Out-Cable w/ 2 Fibres 2E9/125µ ||433-2S|
|plug assembly Singlemode incl. 2x SC-plugs||251-2S|
|plug assembly Singlemode incl. 2x LC-plugs||252-2L|
| international power supply unit for 90...230 VAC w/ IEC connector ||260-4E|
| Mounting Brackets for to mount by screws ||285-2K|
|Mounting Brackets for to mount by snap on||286-2K|
| 19"-Rack Mount Kit for 1 ... 3 devices ||437-1G|
| 19"-Housing and related products please ask separately |
| 19"-Housing with redundand p.s.u. please ask separately |