The Draco CPU Switch simplifies operator access to multi-computer installations and is ideal for large data centers and installations requiring centrally managed host computers integrated into a high-end KVM system together with state-of-the-art workstations at low cost. By greatly reducing the number of extenders and cabling a significant reduction in cost, space and complexity of installation is achieved. Further, it may be used in conjunction with KVM matrix switches, reducing the number of ports used on the switch. The device features redundant data links and power supplies for maximum reliability and resilience in critical installations. It is designed for 19” rack-mount use.
The Draco CPU Switch allows you to switch between eight VGA computers together with the respective audio and USB signals. It also comprises the extension of the selected and digitized signal to a remotely located workstation. The Draco CPU Switch replaces eight traditional KVM extenders: Eight source computers are connected by VGA cables to the CPU Unit, which is further connected to a user workstation by one interconnect cable. The operator can access any of the eight connected sources from the console. The extender operates as an 8-input, 1-output KVM switch and includes front-panel LEDs to indicate the active computer. Analog VGA signals are converted to DVI-D within the extender and scaled using Draco vario image scaling, which is ideal for modern, high-resolution, monitors. In addition, the Draco CPU Switch comprises eight USB-HID/USB 2.0 embedded (36 Mbit/s) ports, as well as eight bidirectional analog audio ports. A further USB 2.0 port (480 Mbit/s) on the extender allows storage devices to be connected locally. An attached USB device is logged into the active computer making it possible to simply transfer data (e.g. important system updates) from a single USB device to all computers under control of the workstation.
Key features and benefits
- Instant switching via hotkeys
- Compatible to all Draco KVM matrices
- Reduction of space requirements and complexity of installation
- Reduction in cost: Multi-CPU extension system greatly reduces the number of extenders + cabling + matrix ports
- The device features redundant data links and power supplies
- Ideal for large data centers
- Ideal for installations requiring centrally managed host computers integrated into a high-end KVM system together with state-of-the-art workstations
- Designed for 19” rack-mount use