The DisplayPort 483 series extends signals up to 140 meters over Cat-X or 10km over singlemode fiber. They provide an effective means for incorporating high resolution DisplayPort images up to 4096 x 2160 (4K) for ultra high definition video and are easily integrated into the draco tera enterprise and draco tera compact line of matrix switch solutions. The 483 series DisplayPort extenders offer incredible visual performance with ultra-fast response time for switching and extending DisplayPort/KVM signals in broadcast and post production environments. Display resolutions supported include up to 2560 x 2048@60Hz over copper and fiber. Ultra High Definition resolutions for 3840 x 2160 or 4096 x 2160@30Hz are supported via IHSE USA’s XV models of fiber extenders.
DisplayPort is one of the newest video interface standards introduced by the VESA. Typically, DisplayPort is not directly compatible with DVI or HDMI; however, the 483 series includes dual-mode capabilities that allows the transmission of a single link DVI or HDMI source across the interface through the use of a 3rd party external passive adapter when used point-to-point. When the 483 series are used as part of IHSE USA’s unique matrix switch systems, it becomes simple to connect HDMI/DVI displays to DisplayPort sources or vise-versa.
The draco vario plug-in card design offers a wide range of flexibility for enclosure styles. Vario enclosure styles are available in 2-slot, 4-slot, 6-slot enclosures or a 4RU 21-bay chassis. Fixed body extender sets for DisplayPort/KVM are available in the 2-slot chassis which is offered with internal power. Optional redundant power for all styles is available. All enclosures allow custom configured designs to fit practically any combination of input and output requirements for DisplayPort/KVM. Because the 483 series is based on the same card size as other draco vario cards, DisplayPort, DVI or HDMI cards can fit in the same enclosure. For larger facilities where many CPU units are rack mounted, the new VariCage 2100 4U chassis can be populated to hold up to 16DisplayPort extender cards.
The Series 483 units can transmit video and audio simultaneously with embedded audio as part of the DisplayPort 1.1 standard. They support most digital audio standards enabling playback of the audio signal through monitors with integrated loudspeakers. However, a unique feature of the 483 series is the ability to embed digital audio from a secondary source when a 474 series audio/data expansion card is added to the main DisplayPort unit. There are a number of option cards available for additional signal transmission alongside DisplayPort, such as USB 2.0, Digital Audio, Analog Audio, RS-232 and RS-422.
For critical workstation environments, the 483 series is offered in a version supporting redundant signal path. Two RJ-45 (copper Cat-X) or duplex LC (singlemode or multimode fiber) connections allow parallel path transmission that can be connected in variations of backup, redundant, or parallel path configurations. IHSE USA’s 483 series can be used in very large facilities for operation areas such as command and control, airport kiosks, presentation walls, surveillance rooms, mobile production operator stations and other connections requiring long distances KVM transmission between facilities such as university campuses. DisplayPort transmission over IHSE USA’s fiber units is inherently secure and immune to EMI making it a favorable solution for government, military, air traffic control towers and medical environments.
Key Features and Benefits
* No-delay switching times with IHSE’s Instant Switch technology
* Support for DisplayPort 1.1, USB-HID, embedded USB, Audio, and RS-232
* Transmit DisplayPort plus USB, audio and control up to 400 feet (140 meters) over a single cat-X cable.
* Transmit DisplayPort plus USB, audio and control up to 32,800 feet (10 kilometers) over a single fiber optic cable
* Supports computer video to 4096 x 2160@30Hz and lower resolutions up to 2560x2048@60Hz, including 1080p60
* Pick the right USB port requirements from either USB-HID, USB 2.0 High Speed, or USB 2.0 embedded – get maximum USB functionality with USB 2.0 up to 480 Mbit, or for secure locations just select USB-HID for keyboard mouse only.
* RS-232/RS-422 for control signals up to 115.2 kBaud
* Compatible with CAT5e, CAT6 and CAT7 twisted pair cable using RJ-45 connections
* Accepts digital audio or analog audio as separate feeds
* PCM audio can be transmitted with sample rates up to 96kHz via the HDMI interface
* Simple keyboard commands (hotkeys) for transmission of remotely connected monitor’s DDC information.
* LED indicators for signal presence and power
* Energy efficient power supply
Space, power and cost savings
* Select options for Cat-X, Fiber or a combination or both
* Redundant power option available
* Compact size for areas where rack space is limited
* Redundant path options for mission critical environments
Ideal for small to mid-range workstations
* Simplified cable management
* High density fiber allows efficient cabling and long distance interconnects
* Compatible with all K474 Draco vario extender and chassis series